You must be logged in to use the full functionality of this site. If you already have an account, please Log In. Otherwise, Register for a new account.

Poll: Do You Plan to Participate in This 13-Stop Landmark Ride?
Yes, just me.
Yes, me + 1.
Yes, me + 2.
Yes, me + 3.
No, I Don't Plan On Participating in This 13-Stop Landmark Ride.
[Show Results]

Red Bull Run, 7/17 - 7/19
[Image: 73_05_06_15_2_18_57.jpeg]

**Time Change**
Please see the itinerary shown below for the Friday morning July 17th time change.

This is a Caffeine-Charged, 13-Stop, 3-Day Landmark Ride
Friday July 17th to Sunday July 19th
1,512 Miles

This will be a marathon landmark ride to 13 destinations, including two stops in Wisconsin, it will require a Friday - Saturday - Sunday worth of riding, and it will require two overnight lodging at hotels along the way. The itinerary includes 15-minute gas stops every 100 miles, and 1-hour lunch breaks. Landmark picture stops will be very, very short and fast.

Map 1-of-2 With Route

[Image: external.png][Image: 73_03_06_15_2_07_30.jpeg]
Click on Map Image for Larger, Interactive Map

Map 2-of-2 With Route

[Image: external.png][Image: 73_03_06_15_2_08_32.jpeg]
Click on Map Image for Larger, Interactive Map

Landmark Destinations
  1. Union Woodshop, 18 South Main Street, Clarkston, MI 48346 [Image: external.png]( Map ) - Dropped On Request, as of July 13th

. . . . .

2. Bone Daddy's BBQ, 3216 Bay City Road, Midland, MI 48642 [Image: external.png]( Map )

. . . . .

3. Mt. Pleasant Police and Fire Department, 804 East High Street, Mount Pleasant, MI 48858 [Image: external.png]( Map )

. . . . .

4. Bones BBQ Smokey, 2959 U.S. 10, Sears, MI 49679 [Image: external.png]( Map )

. . . . .

5. Manistee Fire Department, 281 1st Street, Manistee, MI 49660 [Image: external.png]( Map ) - Dropped On Request, as of July 13th

. . . . .

6. Manton Fire Station, 10281 W Coombs Rd, Manton, MI 49663 [Image: external.png]( Map )

. . . . .

7. Hudson Twp Fire Station, 7865 Reynolds Rd, Elmira, MI 49730 [Image: external.png]( Map )

. . . . .

8. RFC Fire and Rescue, 8338 Robinson Rd, Harbor Springs, MI 49740 [Image: external.png]( Map )

. . . . .

9. Sault Ste Marie Fire Station, 123 Ridge Street, Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783 [Image: external.png]( Map )

. . . . .

10. Marquette Fire Department, 723 North Front Street, Marquette, MI 49855 [Image: external.png]( Map )

. . . . .

11. Kearsarge Fire Department, 340 6th Street, Calumet, MI 49913 [Image: external.png]( Map )

. . . . .

12. Presque Isle Fire Department, 8310 School Loop Road, Presque Isle, WI 54557 [Image: external.png]( Map )

. . . . .

13. Bomber's Bar-B-Que, N22200 Bomber Road, Niagara, WI 54151 [Image: external.png]( Map )

Itinerary
    **Time Change** for Friday July 17th only!
    Friday July 17th
    . . . . .
  • 7:30 AM 8:30 AM 9:30 AM - Link-up at the BP Gas Station, northeast corner of 18 Mile and Mound Rd, Sterling Hts

BP Gas Station [Image: external.png]( Map )
    5955 18 Mile Road
    Sterling Heights, MI 48313
    . . . . .

• 8:00 AM 9:00 AM 10:00 AM - Kickstands-up and ride!
    . . . . .

• 8:00 PM (Appx) - Arrival at Days Inn in Sault Ste. Marie. Dinner. Rack-out.
    . . . . .
    . . . . .

Saturday July 18th
    . . . . .
  • 8:00 AM - Kickstands-up and ride!
    . . . . .

• 8:00 PM (Appx) - Arrival at Days Inn in Iron Mountain. Dinner. Rack-out.
    . . . . .
    . . . . .

Sunday, July 19th
    . . . . .
  • 8:00 AM - Kickstands-up and ride homewards!
    . . . . .
  • 6:00 PM (Appx) - End-of-ride at the BP Gas Station, northeast corner of 18 Mile and Mound Rd, Sterling Hts

BP Gas Station [Image: external.png]( Map )
    5955 18 Mile Road
    Sterling Heights, MI 48313

Hotel Information
  • Friday July 17th
    . . . . .
    Days Inn Sault Ste. Marie [Image: external.png]( Map )
    3651 I-75 Business Spur
    Sault Ste Marie, MI 49783
    (906) 635-5200
    . . . . .
    $65.00 + tax and fees = hotel front desk rate with federal, state, and local government rate
    $67.50 + tax and fees = hotel front desk rate with Triple-A, AARP, senior discount rate
    $70.00 + tax and fees = Expedia.com rate
    $75.00 + tax and fees = hotel front desk rate
    . . . . .
    . . . . .
    . . . . .
  • Saturday, July 18th
    . . . . .
    Days Inn Iron Mountain [Image: external.png]( Map )
    2005 S Stephenson Avenue
    Iron Mountain, MI 49801
    (906) 774-2181
    . . . . .
    $55.00 + tax and fees = hotel front desk rate with federal, state, and local government rate
    $57.00 + tax and fees = The Real Places [Image: external.png]website
    $61.00 + tax and fees = hotel front desk rate with Triple-A, AARP, senior discount rate
    $67.00 + tax and fees = hotel front desk rate

Weather [Image: external.png]( Link )

Post-up and vote if you'd like to do this ride!

2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
[Image: 2_03_08_16_7_59_27.jpeg]
Wow! This is one hell of a ride. Unfortunately this weekend is the same weekend that my family vacation starts over on the west side of the state. However, the Landmark Ride often ends up intermixing with my family vacation time, so this is not at all unprecedented. I may be able to do this trip and then peel off on the way home in order to head west to Bear Lake. Thank you for putting this together -- I will be giving it some serious consideration and am leaning toward yes.
If you have never been on this Ride through the U.P. I definitely recommend you take time to do it. A great place to eat over by Marquette is in the small town of Gwinn MI called the Up North lodge they boast some of the finest bbq ribs you will ever eat along with great service at an affordable price. I frequent this restaurant whenever I am in the area.
TEAM HONEY BADGER....WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
I'm thinking that I just might have to do this trip.
Wisconsin.... really?
Live for today, and experience all life has to offer.Big Shiny Grin
[Image: thumb_28_12_06_13_8_31_24.jpeg]
[Image: k9629107.jpg]

I just made my two hotel reservations for this 13-stop, 3-day, 1,512-mile landmark ride.

Hotel Information
  • Friday July 17th
    . . . . .
    Days Inn Sault Ste. Marie [Image: external.png]( Map )
    3651 I-75 Business Spur
    Sault Ste Marie, MI 49783
    (906) 635-5200
    . . . . .
    $65.00 + tax and fees = hotel front desk rate with federal, state, and local government rate
    $67.50 + tax and fees = hotel front desk rate with Triple-A, AARP, senior discount rate
    $70.00 + tax and fees = Expedia.com rate
    $75.00 + tax and fees = hotel front desk rate
    . . . . .
    . . . . .
    . . . . .
  • Saturday, July 19th
    . . . . .
    Days Inn Iron Mountain [Image: external.png]( Map )
    2005 S Stephenson Avenue
    Iron Mountain, MI 49801
    (906) 774-2180
    . . . . .
    $55.00 + tax and fees = hotel front desk rate with federal, state, and local government rate
    $57.00 + tax and fees = The Real Places [Image: external.png]website
    $61.00 + tax and fees = hotel front desk rate with Triple-A, AARP, senior discount rate
    $67.00 + tax and fees = hotel front desk rate

[Image: 289_lh-daysinn-logo.jpg]
And then there were two...

I voted in the poll. I'm in.
[Image: 73_05_06_15_5_57_19.jpeg]

Post-up and vote in the poll if you plan to do this caffeine-charged, 1,512-mile, 13-stop, 3-day Red Bull Run landmark ride!

Pamplona, Spain - Running of the Bulls

For nine days each July, throngs of visitors come to run with the bulls, and a whole lot more, at Pamplona's Festival of San Fermin.

**Warning - Explicit Video Clip**

The only thing I need to work out is that I need to use that day as a vacation day and then I will be fresh out for the year. Need to wait to make sure my request pans out. Hopefully no issue as I have already requested that entire next week off for my family vacation.
Is there a map for the ride on Saturday? I only see the two maps, and was wondering if the second map is for both Saturday and Sunday.
Live for today, and experience all life has to offer.Big Shiny Grin
[Image: thumb_28_12_06_13_8_31_24.jpeg]
(06-08-2015, 09:05 AM)Rickie Wrote: Is there a map for the ride on Saturday? I only see the two maps, and was wondering if the second map is for both Saturday and Sunday.

[Image: k5681513.jpg]

Rickie, yes, the second map is for both Saturday July 18th and Sunday July 19th.

Map Explanation

On Friday evening July 17th, we will lodge at the Days Inn Sault Ste. Marie after hitting that landmark destination.

On Saturday July 18th, we will traverse the Upper Penninsula, and then lodge Saturday evening at the Days Inn Iron Mountain after hitting the second and last landmark destination in Wisconsin.

On Sunday July 19th, we will ride homewards from Iron Mountain in the Upper Penninsula.

Very, Very Short and Fast Photo Stops

Though there are one hour lunches each ride day, along with 15 minute gas and rest stops every 100 miles, the actual picture stops at each landmark destination will be very, very short and fast, in order to get back on the road and stay on schedule, given the long riding required for each day of this ride.

Union Woodshop BBQ Restaurant in Clarkston

Though I've already hit the Union Woodshop BBQ Restaurant in Clarkston, that landmark ride destination IS INCLUDED on this Red Bull Run ride for the benefit of those that still need to hit that landmark destination.

Manistee Fire Department

And though I plan to attend the Manistee Fire Department BBQ and Ride on Sunday June 28th, that landmark ride destination IS INCLUDED on this Red Bull Run ride, specifically on Friday July 17th, for the benefit of those that do not plan to attend Sunday June 28th Manistee Fire Department BBQ and Ride.

Personal Intent for the Red Bull Run

Having already completed seven landmark ride destinations thus far, my personal intent with this 13-stop Red Bull Run landmark ride is to complete all 13 landmark destinations, giving me a total of 20 completed destinations at the conclusion of this Red Bull Run landmark. My plan is to eventually post-up another landmark ride that will include the remaining five landmark ride destinations that I will still need to get to out towards the western and southwestern parts of Michigan.

Six Southestern and Western Landmark Ride Destinations

As I now think about it, I will likely plan that remaining six landmark destination ride for the western and southwestern side of the state for Saturday June 27, or if necessary, Friday June 26th and Saturday June 27th, although I don't believe a Friday June 26th ride will be necessary. But that'll likely be weather contingent. If weather foils my late June ride plan, I'll push it over to either Saturday July 18th or Sunday July 19th. Having said that, though, I really want to get those remaining five western and southwestern-side landmark ride destinations on Saturday June 27th, the day before the Sunday June 28th Manistee Fire Department BBQ and Ride.

I hope this clarifies things a little better.
This may be the first year that I don't complete all 25 stops. I still want to try though, and this Red Bull Run will really help knock out some of the toughest ones! That will make finishing seem a bit more doable for me... But moving is going to hopefully be taking up my time in early July. From there it's hard to say what will be going on.

Thanks for setting this ride up! Looking forward to the challenge.
Bones BBQ. Smokey is deserted. Well, it was when I got the stop. Plus the for sale sign was a clue.
Also, US.10 has a detour for ramp construction. Don't know what it will be like in a month, just a heads up.
(06-08-2015, 11:45 AM)Jon070 Wrote: Bones BBQ. Smokey is deserted. Well, it was when I got the stop. Plus the for sale sign was a clue.
Also, US.10 has a detour for ramp construction. Don't know what it will be like in a month, just a heads up.

Thanks Jon! As far as Bones BBQ Smokey, is there still a sign for it? I didn't see that you had posted a picture from there in your thread.

In other news, my 7/17 vacation day was approved so I have a green light for this one!
(06-08-2015, 01:34 PM)FeTT-X Wrote: In other news, my 7/17 vacation day was approved so I have a green light for this one!

Great news, FeTT-X!
Okay, got my pictures posted. Sunday was a very long day with the motorcycle. 200 miles in the rain from Germfask, Mi, totally exhausting. Also, discovered a very interesting road in the U.P. over the weekend called H58 109 curves in 30 miles or something like that, fast and really smooth, busted the needle on the fun-o-meter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiH5iqpf5go
(06-08-2015, 05:48 PM)Jon070 Wrote: Okay, got my pictures posted. Sunday was a very long day with the motorcycle. 200 miles in the rain from Germfask, Mi, totally exhausting. Also, discovered a very interesting road in the U.P. over the weekend called H58 109 curves in 30 miles or something like that, fast and really smooth, busted the needle on the fun-o-meter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiH5iqpf5go

Great tip -- [Image: external.png]the route looks great! We will have to check into this for a future ride! Sorry your ride was miserable at times but glad you were able to offset that with the H58 run!
[Image: mexico%20city%204.jpg]
Bull Fighting in Spain

Red Bull Run

1,512 Miles

This will be a marathon landmark ride to 13 destinations, including two stops in Wisconsin, it will require a Friday - Saturday - Sunday worth of riding, and it will require two overnight lodging at hotels along the way. The itinerary includes 15-minute gas stops every 100 miles, and 1-hour lunch breaks. Landmark picture stops will be very, very short and fast.

I'm probably going to be joining you guys on this ride! Just need to clear up my schedule before I can.
(06-24-2015, 11:12 AM)MustangD Wrote: I'm probably going to be joining you guys on this ride! Just need to clear up my schedule before I can.

That's great news, MustangD! Link-up, kickstands-up, and lodging information appears on the first post of this discussion thread.

Please remember to vote in the attendance poll shown at the top of this page once you have your schedule all set and are able to do this Red Bull Ride!
[Image: red-bull-striaght-rhythm_2015_Full_Episode.jpg]
Red Bull Signature Series - Straight Rhythm

Red Bull Run

1,512 Miles