You must be logged in to use the full functionality of this site. If you already have an account, please Log In. Otherwise, Register for a new account.

Poll: Do You Plan to Join Us for This Sunday August 9th GLRR Meeting at the Artesian Wells in Cement City?
Yes, just me.
Yes, me + 1.
Yes, me + 2.
Yes, me + 3.
No, I won't be able to make it to the Sunday August 9th GLRR Meeting.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
August (9th) 2015 Meeting - Artesian Wells / Cement City
GLRR 
The August meeting and lunch will begin at noon on 8/9, in the beautiful Irish Hills. I'm sure Jay will set up a nice ride for after the meeting.

[Image: external.png]Artesian Wells Sports Tavern
US 12 AND US 127 ([Image: external.png]map)
Cement City, MI 49203
517-547-8777
[Image: 73_03_07_12_10_58_30.jpeg]

Man, oh man! The Artesian Wells Sports Tavern offers *all-you-can-eat* BBQ ribs! This is gonna be one meeting I'm going to hate to miss. Bummer. Absolute bummer.

Somebody please post a picture of somebody enjoying some BBQ ribs during that lunch meeting!
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
[Image: 2_03_08_16_7_59_27.jpeg]
[Image: 73_03_06_15_9_14_36.jpeg]

[Image: 73_01_06_15_11_14_05.jpeg]

[Image: 73_01_06_15_11_12_21.jpeg]

Great news! Eve, also known as Gazoo2, plans on a long weekend visit with me here in Michigan during the weekend of the upcoming Sunday August 9th GLRR meeting and ride to the Artesian Wells in Cement City. So, for me, that'll be three great, simultaneous things:
  1. My lovely lady will be with me
  2. We'll be riding together to the Artesian Wells in Cement City and back
  3. I'll be able to enjoy the Artesian Wells' all-you-can-eat BBQ rib meal
HOO-ah!

Due to various life issues, I've not been able to attend the last three GLRR meetings. So it'll be nice to see members at that this upcoming meeting.

I'll post-up a Long, Lazy, Eastsider's Ride under the Short Notice Rides discussion forum for anyone who wants to join me for a ride out to Cement City on Sunday August 9th, weather permitting: ( link ).

[Image: stick_figure_thumbs_up_pc_md_wm.jpg]
UPDATE: My sincere apologies but due to a late developing conflict in my schedule. I will be unable to attend the meeting on Aug. 9.

For those in a more southerly or westerly location, I may offer up this option for a route to the meeting.
We will be meeting at the McDonald's at Michigan Ave. (US-12) and Canton Center Rd. at 10:15am with KSU at 10:30am SHARP. This route is a bit more leisurely and passes through the Irish Hills before reaching our final destination.

So far we have:
FeTT-X

[Image: 9_28_07_15_3_55_14.jpeg]
LETS RIDE!!!!!! Cool

Beetle
[Image: 9_29_07_12_9_44_27.jpeg]
(07-28-2015, 01:58 PM)Beetle Wrote: For those in a more southerly or westerly location, I may offer up this option for a route to the meeting.
We will be meeting at the McDonald's at Michigan Ave. (US-12) and Canton Center Rd. at 10:15am with KSU at 10:30 sharp. This route is a bit more leisurely and passes through the Irish Hills before reaching our final destination. (Map forthcoming)

I will probably meet you there, Bob. I haven't ridden that route in quite a while and it will also save me a bit of precious morning time. Sleepy02
[Image: external.png][Image: Hold-Minute-2660268.jpg]

Hold on just a dog-gone moment, here. If'n I recall correctly, there's a bar in Artesian Wells dining area. Hhhmmm. I think I may need to have a cool, refreshing drink of something or other to help wash-down all of those BBQ ribs that I plan to have for lunch this upcoming Sunday August 9th.

[Image: 58348129.jpg]

There's a disturbance in The Force. I detect an oncoming, imminent, GLRR Challenge Coin slappage.

Do you know where your GLRR Challenge Coin is? Big Shiny Grin

[Image: 73_16_06_15_6_26_25.jpeg]
It's right here in my pocket, Myron :-)
Artesian Wells told me they don't reserve spaces on weekends, which seems like a new thing. At the same time, they felt that noon on a Sunday should be no issue for our group. They took the information from me and have recorded that we'll be coming.

Looking forward to a delicious meal and some enjoyable riding on a beautiful day!
I will be attending with a passenger.
[Image: MyStatetour.png]If it won't go, put a little diesel in it!
Unfortunately will be out of town on August 9th. Hope you all have a beautiful ride!
(07-31-2015, 04:05 PM)JHHayesII Wrote: I will be attending with a passenger.

Don't forget your shiny new coin! Tanker is feeling pretty cocky and has been pretty loose with his threats to slap one down at this meeting.
(08-03-2015, 12:23 AM)FeTT-X Wrote:

Don't forget your shiny new coin! @[Tanker] is feeling pretty cocky and has been pretty loose with his threats to slap one down at this meeting.

Who, me? Cocky and loose? I... I don't even know what a is a challenge coin? Is that something whereby if challenge, and one doesn't have his or her challenge coin handy, or at least retrievable within one step and reach, one has to buy some sort of liquid libation for the coin challenger? Why, FeTT-X, whatever are you talking about? Cool
I'd like to obtain two coins. I'll have to get them on the 12th. I won't be able to attend the meeting on the 9th.
I have to attend a funeral on Saturday and shuttle relatives to the airport in Flint and Detroit on Sunday.
-2005 Honda VTX 1300R "Blackie" Cool
I should be making this ride up Saturday, at the latest, for Sunday's meeting. I got my new left side crankcase cover. Waiting on the new ball bearing for stayter that makes electric power for your bike when it's running and its housed in the left side crankcase cover.

(08-03-2015, 12:23 AM)FeTT-X Wrote:

Don't forget your shiny new coin! @[Tanker] is feeling pretty cocky and has been pretty loose with his threats to slap one down at this meeting.

Secret you know he just itching to slap it down. That's why I'm think about drilling a hole in it to put it on my key chain yes sir.....Tongue
[Image: 73_23_06_14_12_49_27.jpeg]
(08-04-2015, 05:18 PM)G Money Wrote: I should be making this ride up Saturday, at the latest, for Sunday's meeting. I got my new left side crankcase cover. Waiting on the new ball bearing for stayter that makes electric power for your bike when it's running and its housed in the left side crankcase cover.

Glad that you'll be able to make the meeting, G Money!

[Image: 73_16_06_15_6_26_25.jpeg]

Just a bit of advice, Gary: I recommend ensuring you have your Great Lakes Road Riders Challenge Coin on your person at the Sunday August 9th lunch meeting at the Artesian Wells Sports Tavern. There's a bar in restaurant. And though you're my brother, it doesn't bother me at all to extract a drink from you because you failed a coin challenge! Big Shiny Grin Remember, if you leave your challenge coin stored somewhere on your bike in the parking lot, and you can't retrieve it with only one step and a reach if coin challenged, you will loose the coin challenge! Just saying. Big Shiny Grin
I keep my coin with me at all times, in the same place where Christopher Walken kept Bruce Willis' dad's watch in Pulp Fiction. Never in the way, although a slight amount of finesse to produce it.

[Image: 2_04_08_15_10_36_24.jpeg]
[Image: 2_04_08_15_10_36_24.jpeg]

Now that was funny, FeTT-X! I've seen bits and pieces of Pulp Fiction, but never the entire movie. So I had to check out the gold watch scene on YouTube, and I busted out laughing. I guess that's one technique to ensure you always your challenge coin at the ready! It might not be the preferred technique for many, but it's definitely a technique.

Do you remember the final scene in the diner with Jules, Vincent, Ringo, and Yolonda, the one that features Samuel L. Jackson's character explaining that he's in a transitional phase of his life? Here is that video clip; sorry for the bad video quality.

Now here's my take on that final diner scene with a Great Lakes Road Riders Challenge Coin spin to it.

Jules (Samuel L. Jackson): I'm not giving you a free drink. I'm buying something from you. Wanna know what I'm buyin' Ringo?

Ringo: What?

Jules (Samuel L. Jackson): Your knowledge of challenge coins. I'm givin' you a free drink so I don't have to embarrass your ass during a coin challenge. You know about challenge coins?

Ringo: Not particularly.

Jules (Samuel L. Jackson): There's a saying about challenge coins. "The rider who has on his or her person the Great Lakes Road Riders Challenge Coin is beset on all sides by the inequities of those who do not have challenge coin. Secured is he or she who, though weary and thirsty after a long ride, desires a cool refreshing drink of some manner of liquid libation, for he or she is truly prepared for the inevitable challenge coin slappage and the seeker of a free, liquid libation. And I will violently slap-down upon the table top with a great rapping noise and furious purpose my challenge coin and challenge those who disregard the importance of having their challenge coin upon them. And you will know that, unlike you, I have my Great Lakes Road Riders Challenge Coin when I slap it down and challenge you." Now... I been sayin' that shit for about a couple of months now. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ass was about to be coin challenged, and if you didn't have your challenge coin, your ass was going to by me a drink. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a rider after a long and weary motorcycle ride. But I saw some shit this mornin' made me thing twice. See, now I'm thinking: maybe it means you like buying drinks for other riders just because. And maybe I just happen to have a good reason to allow you to buy me a drink: my challenge coin. And Mr. Great Lakes Road Rider Challenge Coin here... it's the thing that's protecting my thirsty ass from having to buy you a drink instead. Or it could mean you're also have your challenge coin, as do I, and it's other riders among us that do not have their challenge coin. And I like that. But that shit ain't the truth. The truth is you don't have your Great Lakes Challenge Coin on you. And I'm one of the riders among us that does have his challenge coin handy. But I'm trying, fellow rider, I'm tryin' real hard to refrain from initiating a violent Great Lakes Road Riders Challenge Coin slappage. Go.
That is a very memorable scene from a movie that is chock full of very memorable scenes! Your twist on it is good. I'll look forward to your showing us your wallet that says BAD MOTHER F*CKER on it!
There's actually a colleague in our office that has a wallet just like that!
Pictures and a Brief Video Clip

It was great riding with folks and chilling out at the Artesian Wells Sports Tavern in Cement City, Michigan. On the downside, however, I am absolutely devistated that the Artesian Wells no longer has an all-you-can-eat BBQ ribs lunch menu offering. That's a big-time bummer. I was able to at least have a full rack of sweet and spicy BBQ ribs, as well as a portion of Gazoo2's half rack of sweet and spicy BBQ ribs.

Here are some pictures and a brief video clip taken at that event.

[Image: 73_10_08_15_8_21_11.jpeg]

[Image: 73_10_08_15_8_20_45.jpeg]

[Image: 73_10_08_15_8_21_41.jpeg]

[Image: 73_10_08_15_8_22_41.jpeg]

[Image: 73_10_08_15_8_20_29.jpeg]

[Image: 73_10_08_15_8_20_11.jpeg]

[Image: 73_10_08_15_8_19_26.jpeg]

[Image: 73_10_08_15_8_18_33.jpeg]