You must be logged in to use the full functionality of this site. If you already have an account, please Log In. Otherwise, Register for a new account.

Poll: Would you like to go to upstate New York to attend the Americade?
Yes, I want to go
Not sure yet, but thinking about it.
No, I can't make it due to other commitments.
Travel preference; 2 days going / 1 day return
Travel preference; 2 days going / 2 days return
Travel preference; 1 day going / 1 day return
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
2017 Americade - June 8-11 (POST UPDATE 05/24/17)
LAST POST HAS RIDE ROUTE, AND TIMING.

I'll update this top post with all of the latest information as it is compiled.  The title of this post will change with a new update date, whenever it is tweaked. 
Please respond to the survey.  
Don't forget to also click on your travel preferences.  

Details are firming up:
We now have a locataion, and some of the rooms are booked.  If you are still interested, please call the actual motel for availability of rooms.  
Our location is the Studio Motel in Lake George.
[Image: 2_24_05_17_11_49_18.png]

Right now we have committed and booked:
Rick
Jay
Myron / Gary
Bob Bailey / and friend
Bob Beauchamp / Barb

We will be leaving on Thursday June 8th, and returning on Sunday June 11th.  Driving distance to and from Lake George is around 560 miles.  Very doable in one day.
Our route will take us through Canada, so make sure that you have your papers in order.  
[Image: 28_20_04_17_12_26_20.jpeg]
The town and where we are staying:
[Image: 28_22_04_17_10_14_09.jpeg]

Why is it called Americade?
In 1986, "Aspencade East" was changed to "Americade", because the new name better signified the multibrand national-sized rally it had become. By 1986, total attendance at this event was nearly 10,000, making it the largest touring rally in the motorcycle world.
In 1986, the TourExpo tradeshow was relocated from the Glens Falls Civic Center to Lake George Village, to keep it closer to the motels and riding activities. Initially located in a parking lot halfway down Beach Road, in 1994 TourExpo relocated to the larger, dust-free quarters, which it now occupies at Million Dollar Beach Parking Lot. This facility is owned by the State of New York, from which Americade and TourExpo rent this property.

[Image: external.png]http://www.americade.com/index.php

[Image: 28_08_01_17_7_44_38.jpeg]
Vendor area:
[Image: tourexpo.jpg]
Demo rides:
[Image: demos1.jpg]
Some of the twisties:
[Image: VHGD.jpg]
The town:
[Image: rides.jpg]
Night time fly over:

Americade 2012:

Itinerary: 
Total time with stop breaks is about 12 hours, or maybe a little less.  We should arrive at our motel around 5:00ish.
Bring snack food, or purchase along the way.  No lunch break planned.
Total distance from first meeting location is less than 450 miles.
  • Meet-up location:  I-94 and 21 mile road.  Speedway gas station (KSU 5:00am)
  • First stop to meet up with Bob at exit 189 off 401 / Shell gas station (KSU 7:00am)      
    Distance 111 miles / 2:00 hrs.
  • Second stop at Kwik Fill gas station exit 2 off I-290.              
    Distance 137 miles / 2:15 hrs.
  • Third stop at Exxon gas station exit 41 off I-90.                    
    Distance 107 / 1:40 hrs.
    NOT A STOP  Exit 33 off I-90 (HWY365).  Verona NY area / last 130 miles on rural roads.
  • Fourth stop at Sunoco gas station on HWY365.                      
    Distance 90 / 1:30 hrs.
    Studio Motel Lake George.                                                        
    Distance 107 / 2:05 hrs

Americade runs the whole first full week of June 6 -10.  We would be leaving on Thursday the 8th.

(Passport, or enhanced drivers license will be required)

Depart for Lake George on Thursday June 8
Return on Sunday June 11
Live for today, and experience all life has to offer.Big Shiny Grin
[Image: thumb_28_12_06_13_8_31_24.jpeg]
Huh          So which way Rick are you thinking about going on the ride out??? I was woundering where I could meet up with group..... If I go I'll roll out I90 east to I81 north to watertown....
[Image: 73_23_06_14_12_49_27.jpeg]
(01-23-2017, 07:35 PM)G Money Wrote: Huh          So which way Rick are you thinking about going on the ride out??? I was woundering where I could meet up with group..... If I go I'll roll out I90 east to I81 north to watertown....

I haven't heard much from anyone else about a favorite route east yet, but mine would be the one shown in the first map.  I would go through Canada for the quickest route, and would take two days to get there.  The ride on the second day from Watertown is a real nice one.
We could set up a time and location to hook up somewhere just after we cross back into NY.  Then we could ride the rest of the way to Watertown.
I'm not sure yet because I was also considering doing part of the Route 66 ride which starts the same week.
2015 Honda Goldwing
Unfortunately, I don't have enough accumulated vacation time, so I won't be able to join this great ride. I wish I had more vacation time to join all of the rides that I would like to do. Bummer. I look forward to enjoying this great ride vicariously through the eventual pictures and group ride video.
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
[Image: 2_03_08_16_7_59_27.jpeg]
i always go across Canada, I have found that if you take either Algonac or Marine City ferry you can save money and time. Last year I crossed at Marine City for $5.00 and less than 5 minutes at customs. Alot shorter than stateside and less traffic.
(01-27-2017, 11:57 AM)Radar Wrote: i always go across Canada, I have found that if you take either Algonac or Marine City ferry you can save money and time. Last year I crossed at Marine City for $5.00 and less than 5 minutes at customs. Alot shorter than stateside and less traffic.

Did you then ride up to Sarnia before heading east?  Or did you just travel east from Marine City?
(01-26-2017, 11:25 AM)BobVTX Wrote: I'm not sure yet because I was also considering doing part of the Route 66 ride which starts the same week.

You can contact me if you are thinking about route 66.  I am going on my 5th run this summer.  I have gone every year since I retired.
(01-27-2017, 01:06 PM)Rickie Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 11:57 AM)Radar Wrote: i always go across Canada, I have found that if you take either Algonac or Marine City ferry you can save money and time. Last year I crossed at Marine City for $5.00 and less than 5 minutes at customs. Alot shorter than stateside and less traffic.

Did you then ride up to Sarnia before heading east?  Or did you just travel east from Marine City?

i took 2 across to the 401. Nice back road, with low traffic
After talking with G Money, there might be a way that I can enjoy at least some of the 2017 Americade Ride with the group.  The problem that I'm facing is that I don't have enough accumulated vacation time.  However,  I am able to work a compressed work schedule during which I get one Friday off every two weeks.  Gary reminded me that I could simple arrange to have Friday June 9th off work without using vacation time for that day.  On that day, I could ride to the Cleveland Metro area and link-up with Gary, and then together, we could ride from there to link-up with the group at whichever Lake George, New York, area lodging the group is staying at.  At least that way, Gary and I can ride with the group on Saturday June 10th.  On Sunday June 11th, I'll likely ride back to the Cleveland Metro area with Gary, and then continue stepping back to Michigan.

Thanks to Gary, this might be a doable thing right now.
That's awesome Myron.
Saturday is the last day of the event, and we will probably ride all the way home on Sunday. So that should work out pretty good for you.
Cool.
More details can be worked out as we move into the spring season.
Well, spring is almost here. Weather is starting to break, and it is time that I start firming up the details. Please update the Poll. I would like to see if anyone is closer to going, or not going on this trip?
I'm going to start my investigation for motel options, and getting a block of rooms is the first thing on my list. Please update the Poll with your latest thoughts, and also make sure you select your preference as to how many days you would like to take to get to Lake George, and back.

New info coming soon...
I have requested the vacation days, so I am one step closer to being a go for this trip.  It will be great to get back out to that area!
I'm pulling together some route possibilities for us in the area.  We will have two full days there, and I think that the first day could be in and around Lake George the town and event.  The other day we could possibly take this route.  Beautiful country and roads in up state NY.

[Image: 28_15_04_17_8_56_00.jpeg]

On the return of this days ride we could be passing though the event again, and perhaps could catch an early dinner there before traveling back to the Motel.  Radar, if you have a great idea for a day ride, let us know.  We appreciate any suggestions that you might have.

By the way, I am checking out availability of motels in the area and also in Water Town, NY.  I plan on getting a block of about 6 rooms (based on the poll).
That sounds great, Rick!  My vacation time has been approved and I am a GO for this trip.

Sunshine 
Biker
I'm digging into the details of this trip, and I need people to respond to this thread if you are interest in going, and would like to book a room.
We now only have rooms available for:

1.  Rick / Brenda (room is booked)
2.  Jay(room is booked)
3.  Myron (room is booked)
4.  Bob Beauchamp / Barb???
5.  Bob Bailey (Beetle)/ ? (room is booked)
6.  If you are interested please speak up, as the rooms are really almost all gone.  This is going to be a big event, and you don't want to miss it again.

By the way, we are looking at only taking one day to ride out, leaving on Thursday June 8th.  The location of the motel will be right in and around the action.  It will be a long haul, but very doable (570 miles).
We will also be taking one day to ride home, Sunday the 11th.  This will give us two full days to ride around and check out all of the activities.
Here is the new map of our one day ride out and back.  We will be leaving on Thursday June 8.
[Image: 28_20_04_17_12_26_20.jpeg]
If you have not talked to me via text or here on this thread, your possibilities of getting a room are limited.  I now have two rooms booked in Lake George, with the third room being booked real soon.  
For information on the location, please check out Studio Motel, in Lake George.  The location is great, and we will be right around the corner from the downtown main street, and vendor stuff.

[Image: 1495031_76_z.jpg]
My Room is Booked!
Thursday-Sunday, June 8th-11th

I'm booked at the Studio Motel in Lake George.

Need to get my PassPort renewal application processed as soon as possible.

Hopefully my request for vacation time will be approved.

First post updated with the latest information.
Demo area for most bike manufacturers is inside Ft William Henry, Yamaha & Harley Davidson are on beach road by the lake, behind the fort. Adventure bike demo's are at Roaring Brook Ranch on 9n on the way to Cornith, Ny