You must be logged in to use the full functionality of this site. If you already have an account, please Log In. Otherwise, Register for a new account.

Poll: Will you be attending this meeting?
This poll is closed.
Yes, just me
33.33%
5 33.33%
Yes, me + 1
20.00%
3 20.00%
No, I can't attend
46.67%
7 46.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

August (13th) Meeting: Caseville Cheeseburger Festival
GLRR 
The next meeting will take place at noon, on Sunday 8/13/17.  Specific location will be in the vicinity of the [Image: external.png]Cheeseburger In Caseville Fest.  We'll have a cheeseburger in this area, and then ride to Port Austin for our meeting.  In case of bad weather, the cheeseburger idea will be scrapped and we'll meet at a completely different location (see below for all the details).

[Image: 2_10_07_17_12_47_13.png]

MEET-UP SPOTS ALONG THE WAY TO CASEVILLE (see map below for more info)
  • 8:30am meet, 9am KSU... Tim Horton's, 21 Mile & Van Dyke
  • 9:45am meet, 10:15 KSU... Burger King, Imlay City, On van Dyke just north of I-69
STOPPING IN CASEVILLE FOR A CHEESEBURGER -- WHERE?
Our goal it to get up to Caseville by around 12:30, and stop to get a cheeseburger at a stand just opposite to the entrance to the County Park, which is at the east end of town.

RIDING TO MEETING LOCATION AFTER CHEESEBURGER -- WHERE?
After having a cheeseburger, we will travel over to the east coast of the state, and stop at a specific roadside park to have our meeting (GPS coordinates 43.589792, -82.598144).  Then we ride down the east coast to Port Huron.  One stop will be made along the way for a break about half way.

ALTERNATE PLAN, IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER
If it is determined that the weather is not good for riding, we will move to Plan B, which scraps the cheeseburger idea and has us meeting at an alternate location.  Be sure to check this thread before you leave Sunday morning, to make sure you know where to go.

[Image: external.png]Brown Iron Brewhouse ([Image: external.png]map)
57695 Van Dyke
Washington, MI 48094
Please vote in the poll so we can plan appropriately. It will also be helpful for you to post where you plan to meet up with us, so we can look/wait for you.

MEET-UP SPOT(S): / see map below for more info
8:30am meet, 9am KSU... Tim Horton's, 21 Mile & Van Dyke
9:45am meet, 10:15 KSU... Burger King, Imlay City, On van Dyke just north of I-69

Our goal it to get up to Caseville by around 12:30, and stop to get a cheeseburger at a stand just opposite to the entrance to the State Park at the east end of town.
After that, we will travel over to Port Austin for a short meeting outside in the park by the Marina.  Then we ride down the east coast to Port Huron.  One stop will be made along the way for a break about half way.

Ignore the date shown on the map.

[Image: 28_16_07_13_10_25_11.jpeg]
Live for today, and experience all life has to offer.Big Shiny Grin
[Image: thumb_28_12_06_13_8_31_24.jpeg]
It is with deep regret that I had to change my vote in the poll for the August Meeting. I will not be able to attend the meeting as I will have my two granddaughters for the weekend to enable my daughter to attend the wedding of her fiancé's sister.
LETS RIDE!!!!!! Cool

Beetle
[Image: 9_29_07_12_9_44_27.jpeg]
So far Jay, we are the only two that are planning on going to the August meeting. It is two weeks away, so I hope that others do take the time to vote.

Last minute cancellations may happen due to weather and such, but it would be nice to know if anyone is planning to be at either of the meet up locations.

For those that are planning on doing this ride, and are also in the Landmark competition, we will be passing at least three sites on our ride. You might want to stop for a quick picture. Let me know if you are interested in that as well so that I can make sure we work them in for you.
Smokey & I will link-up at "Tim Hortons"  Biker
For me, I will meet the group in Caseville for lunch and take the ride down the coast to pick up the other two Landmark stops then head home to Saginaw.  This will work fine as I had planned this ride on Saturday.

The after lunch ride pace for me will have to be quick so I can make it back home at a reasonable hour.

The map shows a stop in Port Austin, but there is no Landmark stop there and break stop half way down 25, but not a stop in Lexington at Oldford's Marina?

Three Landmark stops:
Mariner's Cove Marina 6635 River St, Caseville, MI 48725
Oldford's Marina Inc 7400 Huron Ave, Lexington, MI 48450
Port Huron Yacht Club 212 Quay St, Port Huron, MI 48060
Rickie, a couple quick questions...
  • For anyone that won't be meeting up with us along the way to Caseville, we're saying that we're shooting for Caseville arrival at 12:30pm.  We will be somewhere in the vicinity, across from the entrance to Sleeper State Park.  Is this accurate?
  • In case of bad weather, what will our plan be for the actual place to meet and hold the meeting?
Thanks.
[Image: 2_30_08_15_2_49_51.png]
Barb and I will plan to meet at Tim Horton's as well.
2015 Honda Goldwing
(08-03-2017, 01:30 PM)FeTT-X Wrote: @[Rickie], a couple quick questions...
  • For anyone that won't be meeting up with us along the way to Caseville, we're saying that we're shooting for Caseville arrival at 12:30pm.  We will be somewhere in the vicinity, across from the entrance to Sleeper State Park.  Is this accurate?
  • In case of bad weather, what will our plan be for the actual place to meet and hold the meeting?
Thanks.

If it is raining we could meet at Brown Iron Brewhouse on VanDyke just north of 26 mile.

As for stopping at the three landmarks we'll be passing, just let me know ahead of time, and we can stop.

The location for cheeseburgers is right across the street from the state park, on the east end on town.
(08-03-2017, 02:18 PM)Rickie Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 01:30 PM)FeTT-X Wrote: @[Rickie], a couple quick questions...
Thanks.

If it is raining we could meet at Brown Iron Brewhouse on VanDyke just north of 26 mile.

As for stopping at the three landmarks we'll be passing, just let me know ahead of time, and we can stop.

The location for cheeseburgers is right across the street from the state park, on the east end on town.

OK, that sounds like a good plan in case of bad weather.  We will need to be sure to make the call, and post it in this thread that morning, if there is a need to fall back to the Brown Iron Brewhouse.  When I send the mass email out, I will mention the alternate plan, in case of bad weather.

As for the landmarks, I still need all three of those (Port Huron, Lexington, Caseville), so I will want to stop.

Thanks!
Have ro change vote, going on the field with granddaughter at Tigers game...
I'm going to try to put a new front tire on my bike this weekend. It still has tread, but over 14,000 miles on it, and it just doesn't feel right in the turns. I hope I don't run into any problems getting it done, or fitting it into the schedule.
LlThis looks like a problem. Looks like I need to order fork seal parts.  That's probably why it hasn't felt right in the turns lately. 

While I'm at it, I might as well install the Progressive springs I bought a while back.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-05-2017, 06:16 PM)Toboggan Wrote: LlThis looks like a problem. Looks like I need to order fork seal parts.  That's probably why it hasn't felt right in the turns lately. 

While I'm at it, I might as well install the Progressive springs I bought a while back.

Doh!      Ouch I say so... Yep.....
[Image: 73_23_06_14_12_49_27.jpeg]
There's about a 0% chance that I'll have my forks back together in time for this ride. I was really looking forward to it, too. But, I'll have to skip it now.
(08-07-2017, 10:35 AM)Toboggan Wrote: There's about a 0% chance that I'll have my forks back together in time for this ride.  I was really looking forward to it, too.  But, I'll have to skip it now.

Bummer!  But, good for you, taking on this fork seal job yourself.  Do you know when do you plan to do it?  I could come over and help out, and also bring over the helmet that I borrowed from you.

A month or so ago, paid $300 to have my 1300's fork seals done.  It seemed like a fairly straightforward process, but I just really didn't have the time to mess with it.  I would be very interested to see it done (and help), if you'd be up for that.
The first post has been updated with the location information, as well as Plan B (bad weather) plan details.  Please be sure to check this thread Sunday morning, before you leave, to make sure you know where to go.  I'd say that we should plan to make the call (and post it here) by 9am, but maybe sooner.
(08-07-2017, 11:52 AM)FeTT-X Wrote:
(08-07-2017, 10:35 AM)Toboggan Wrote: There's about a 0% chance that I'll have my forks back together in time for this ride.  I was really looking forward to it, too.  But, I'll have to skip it now.

Bummer!  But, good for you, taking on this fork seal job yourself.  Do you know when do you plan to do it?  I could come over and help out, and also bring over the helmet that I borrowed from you.

A month or so ago, paid $300 to have my 1300's fork seals done.  It seemed like a fairly straightforward process, but I just really didn't have the time to mess with it.  I would be very interested to see it done (and help), if you'd be up for that.
I'll know better once I know when the parts are going to be here.  I ordered them yesterday from hondadirectline, but have no idea when they'll ship them.  If our schedules sync up, that would be great!  Thanks, Jay.
I'm going to try and make this
Looks unlikely I'll be able to make it. If things change maybe I'll be able to join up mid ride.
Chuck