You must be logged in to use the full functionality of this site. If you already have an account, please Log In. Otherwise, Register for a new account.

Poll: Will you be attending this meeting/ride?
This poll is closed.
Yes, just me
71.43%
5 71.43%
Yes, me + 1
14.29%
1 14.29%
No, I cannot attend
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

** NEW DATE ** October (15th) Meeting: Lunch & Cider Mill Crawl
GLRR 
The next GLRR meeting will take place on Sunday 10/15/17, at noon, in Bingham Farms.  We'll have our meeting, have a tasty lunch, and then do a 4-stop cider mill tour (map/route link).

STEP1 -- LUNCH AND MEETING -- STARTS @ NOON
[Image: external.png]Rusty Bucket Restaurant & Tavern
30450 Telegraph Road ([Image: external.png]map link)
Bingham Farms, MI 48025
[Image: 2_25_09_17_1_25_35.png]

STEP2 -- CIDER MILL TOUR -- STARTS AFTER LUNCH MEETING
[Image: external.png][Image: 73_17_10_14_7_38_39.jpeg]
View a larger, interactive, 4-Stop Cider Mill Ride map
Very cool group meeting and ride plan!
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
[Image: 2_03_08_16_7_59_27.jpeg]
The first post has been updated with some more details, and a poll has been added.  Weather permitting, this should be a great afternoon!

Sunshine
Biker
Looking forward to it.
2015 Honda Goldwing
Wish I could make it to the next ride, but I'll be in Florida for a wedding.
Live for today, and experience all life has to offer.Big Shiny Grin
[Image: thumb_28_12_06_13_8_31_24.jpeg]
Is anyone willing to lead the post-meeting ride for this Sunday?

The idea for this ride was suggested at our last meeting, and I thought I'd be able to lead it, but a late afternoon prior commitment will prevent me from doing the ride.  If no one else is able to lead it, I think the best option will be to cancel this part of the day, and reschedule the cider mill ride for another day.

Please post here, if you would be willing to lead the ride after the meeting!

Thank you.
I can lead the ride next weekend. How about we move the ride/meeting to the 15th?
(10-04-2017, 08:01 AM)Rickie Wrote: I can lead the ride next weekend.  How about we move the ride/meeting to the 15th?

After speaking with the other directors and also those folks that had voted to show they could be there on 10/8 (they are also to make it 10/15), we will officially be changing the date of the October meeting to 10/15/17.  First post has been updated.  Thanks for the suggestion, Rickie -- great idea -- and thanks for volunteering to lead the 10/15 ride.  That will be awesome.

Hopefully this new date will work better for more of us, and we can all have a great day of enjoying motorcycles, lunch, more motorcycles, cider, and donuts!
[Image: 2_30_08_15_2_49_51.png]
Darn, won't be quite back in town by then. We'll still be in the air coming from Germany Sunday. Hopefully we'll be at the next meeting.
Sounds like a fun ride. But Ill be tie up taking Jonathon to a Apple farm and corn maze.
[Image: 73_23_06_14_12_49_27.jpeg]
I am thinking about making this ride, but will depend on the weather and if I get my projects done before the weekend.  Will have to play it by ear.
Weather forecast is not looking good for tomorrows ride. I had a fun weekend all set to go, but all of it was outside, and it all will be cancelled. Last boat race of the season was scheduled for this morning; CANCELLED.
One can only hope that tomorrow we will have half way decent weather to still ride.
Correction on weather forecast. Weather is looking real good for a post meeting ride. But due to other commitments, I will be shortening the after meeting ride to just a 45 mile ride to Yates Cider Mill. The ride will be about 25 miles long. Only one cider mill this year, but it is a good one.
With the rain moving in that would affect the ride to the meeting , I'll opt for the cage today.
I'm still on the fence, but I'll probably cage it as well.
2015 Honda Goldwing
due to weather forecast, and votes tallied, I am going to skip this meeting.
My whole weekend is a bust.

Post cider mill ride is cancelled, due to weather and vote tally.
The Virginia contingent of the GLRR are out riding to various Civil War battlefields today.  Gazoo2, NoVA_Versys, Tanker, and future member, Steve.  Overcast and slight fog, and 68°F.  Great day to ride.  1st stop, Bristoe Battlefield.  No Civil War reenactors, but tours and little pony horses for kiddie rides.

[Image: 260px-BATTLE_OF_BRISTOW_STATION%2C_PRINC...COUNTY.JPG]

[Image: genMid.PW9863614_21_4.jpg]
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
[Image: 2_03_08_16_7_59_27.jpeg]
We had a great lunch this past Sunday -- very nice place.  We enjoyed opening the blinds so we could watch the torrential storm that came and went during the meeting.  Soon after, we saw DrDiesel ride by, and pull in for lunch.  He was the lone rider to this month's meeting.

Kudos to John, who has now earned a (fictitious) "GLRR Storm Chaser" patch!