You must be logged in to use the full functionality of this site. If you already have an account, please Log In. Otherwise, Register for a new account.

Poll: Will you be attending the annual (November) meeting?
This poll is closed.
Yes, just me
75.00%
9 75.00%
Yes, me + 1
16.67%
2 16.67%
No, I cannot attend
8.33%
1 8.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

November (12th) Annual Meeting and Elections - Zukey Lake Tavern / Pinckney
GLRR 
The next meeting will take place at noon on 11/12/17, at the Zukey Lake Tavern, in Pinckney.  This will also be our "Annual Meeting," where directors are elected and voted in.  We hope you will consider stepping up to be a director, but even if you are not up for that, we still hope to see as many members at this meeting as possible.

Here are our current directors and term expirations:
Cary / Fletch...  2yr term expires 11/2018
Rick / TravlinMan...  Term expires 11/2017...  Re-elected, 2yr term expires 11/2019
Jay / Fett-X (finished out Scarecrow's term)...  Term expires 11/2017...  Chuck / Scarecrow elected, 1yr term expires 11/2018

We will also pick the winners of the Landmark Ride drawing, discuss ideas for the 2018 Landmark Ride, and more.

PLEASE VOTE in the attendance poll so we can get a semi-accurate number of attendees to tell the establishment.

[Image: ZLT%20IntroPage%20Layout_r1_c1.jpg]

[Image: external.png]Zukey Lake Tavern
5011 Girard Drive ([Image: external.png]map)
Pinckney, MI 48169
This November's lunch meeting will mark the GLRR's 7th anniversary meeting. Great job, Great Lakes Road Riders!
2016 Victory Cross Country Tour
[Image: 2_03_08_16_7_59_27.jpeg]
GLRR Challenge Coin Slappage

I detect a GLRR Challenge Coin slappage may occur during the Sunday November 12th lunch meeting.

[Image: 2_31_05_17_3_07_54.jpeg]
Hmmmm....
[Image: 73_23_06_14_12_49_27.jpeg]
Can we get a poll added to the thread so votes can be cast for attendance?
LETS RIDE!!!!!! Cool

Beetle
[Image: 9_29_07_12_9_44_27.jpeg]
(11-01-2017, 03:49 PM)Beetle Wrote: Can we get a poll added to the thread so votes can be cast for attendance?

Added the poll.
(11-01-2017, 10:23 PM)FeTT-X Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 03:49 PM)Beetle Wrote: Can we get a poll added to the thread so votes can be cast for attendance?

Added the poll.

Thank you Sir
LETS RIDE!!!!!! Cool

Beetle
[Image: source.gif]
Got an Idea -
A Concerted Campaign to Reach-out and Invite Back Non-Participant Members and Past Members

Just a thought.  I recommend that, over the winter / non-riding season, our group makes a participant-group-wide effort, led / motivated / encouraged by the Directors, to reach-out to the many non-participant members who we've not seen in a while, and to some past members who may still be riding.  It can't hurt, and that effort might generate more participation from that target audience.  And when I mean a campaign, I mean text messages, phone calls, and email messages, from as many of the participant members as possible.  That effort could even be done during a wintertime GLRR lunch meeting, sort of like a "boiler room" cold-calling / cold-texting / cold emailing session.  

The idea would not be to harass or cajole, but to see how that target audience is doing, perhaps asking what sort of riding have they done this past riding season, and most importantly, inviting them to come back and attend some lunch gatherings over the winter months, and to join some planned group rides during the 2018 riding season.

Your thoughts?

Previous Great Lakes Road Riders group ride videos: ( video link )
If the weather is ok to ride, it will be just me, but if we cage it, Barb will probably come as well.
2015 Honda Goldwing
I am hoping to ride to the meeting but we are going to need a bit of cooperation from Mother Nature.  She is not playing nice right now.

[Image: 9_06_11_17_10_01_35.jpeg]
LETS RIDE!!!!!! Cool

Beetle
I'm hoping to (freeze my ass off and) ride, too!  Let's hope for dry conditions.  This will be a good time to break out the heated gear, for sure.

Cold
As weather looks right now for Sunday, I will be driving, not riding.
Live for today, and experience all life has to offer.Big Shiny Grin
[Image: thumb_28_12_06_13_8_31_24.jpeg]
Sorry, but I will not be able to attend the meeting. Returned from our trip with a bad respiratory infection. Getting better, but don't want to take the chance of passing it on to anyone. If you can't find any new blood, I'm willing to serve for a 1-year term as a director. Rick
(11-12-2017, 07:23 AM)TravlinMan Wrote: Sorry, but I will not be able to attend the meeting. Returned from our trip with a bad respiratory infection.  Getting better, but don't want to take the chance of passing it on to anyone.  If you can't find any new blood, I'm willing to serve for a 1-year term as a director.   Rick

Feel better soon Rick.
LETS RIDE!!!!!! Cool

Beetle
(11-12-2017, 07:23 AM)TravlinMan Wrote: Sorry, but I will not be able to attend the meeting. Returned from our trip with a bad respiratory infection.  Getting better, but don't want to take the chance of passing it on to anyone.  If you can't find any new blood, I'm willing to serve for a 1-year term as a director.   Rick

Thank you, Rick!  Hope you feel better soon.  I think I am coming down with something myself, so, just to be safe, I will be caging it also.  No need to make it harder on my body than it already needs to be.
Thank you to everyone that came to the meeting today...  It was a good one!

As of today, here are our current directors and term expirations:
  • Cary / Fletch...  2yr term expires 11/2018
  • Chuck / Scarecrow... 1yr term expires 11/2018
  • Rick / TravlinMan...  2yr term expires 11/2019
Thank you to everyone that was willing to step up!
Did anyone take pictures during the November lunch meeting and annual elections?

Congrats to the new directors!